Saturday, July 15, 2017

Teacher Tech Tools



As I am adventuring through the landscape of Web 2.0, I have found some interesting tools that I think are great resources for educators. I have decided to create a new series on my blog titled Teacher Tech Tools, where I will post links to articles reviewing educational technology or to the technologies themselves.
https://twitter.com/edutopia/status/886341497901256705
Today while checking my Twitter feed (weird new habit), I stumbled across a post from edutopoia. The author of the article (linked here) gives a short summary of her favorite formative assessment tools and how they are useful. I was surprised and excited that I was not aware of most of the tools she reviewed.

Here is a list of the tools, with hyperlinks, from the article:



I recognize this is a long list and I have not gone through each one individually. Instead of doing so, I recommend you read the article as the author does a great job of giving enough detail about each to help the reader decide which resource to use. (Some of the resources listed have narrow purposes.)

One resource I did play around with is Kahoot. As someone who loves game based learning, this tool is perfect for me. I have only just scratched the surface, but am loving it so far. According to the website, it is a free game based learning platform for teachers and students to create, play, and share "Kahoots". Check out this YouTube video for a brief introduction (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlXpKHH5kh0).


What do you think? Is this a tool you would use in your instruction? I look forward to hearing your thoughts!


1 comment:

  1. I actually used Kahoot when I used to teach 9-12 and really enjoyed it. The only really frustrating thing is, when students create screen names they can use anything, so some poor-behaved students would make inappropriate choices. You can try to combat this in a few ways. One is to tell students what names to use so they can receive full credit for the Kahoot activity. Another is to allow students to sign up but not post the game to the projection screen until everyone has signed-up, giving you time to delete inappropriate names. Overall Kahoot is a great tool, these are just some pointers to keep in mind!

    ReplyDelete